What could be nicer than the feel of smooth hot stones massaging away the cold, stress, tension, tiredness, aches and pains? Harmonizing, restoring and rejuvenating the body at its deepest level.
Hot stone therapy goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well-being. Physically the circulation and metabolism are stimulated; mentally the client reaches a state of deep relaxation and is internally balanced whilst healing takes place. Hot stone therapy combines traditional massage with the use of smooth, heated basalt stones, which are applied to the body as an extension of the therapist’s hands.
The warmth of these heated stones penetrates muscles and balances the nervous system like no other treatment.
The benefits of hot stone massage include
• Deep relaxation, the warmth relaxes both physically and mentally
• The heat from the stones is transferred to the body by conduction and it may reach up to 3cm into the muscle
• Stress is reduced, relieving mental and physical fatigue
• Circulation is improved and muscles have an increased blood supply, improving function
• Toxins and waste are eliminated more quickly
• The warmth can relieve pain in muscles and joints
• Tension in connective tissue is decreased
• There is a deep comfort of receiving warmth on the body.
|Debbie’s therapy room||Block of 5 treatments|
|1 hour (partial treatment)||£45||£200|
|1.25 hour (full body)||£55||£250|
“I have had treatments with Debbie, she really makes you feel special, Debbie has great experience and knowledge in her particular work area, Massage, Hot-stone therapy/ Reflexology. I highly recommend Debbie,
If you are stressed and need time to your self, and relaxation, call Debbie, you can’t go wrong.”
John Cattell – Technical Instructor at Southampton University