An Indian Head Massage is carried out when fully clothed and involves working over the upper back, shoulders, neck, head and face.
In Western culture we spend much of our time in our heads, so this treatment can really help to calm the mind. Working with a firm and gentle rhythm it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension as well as calming the spirit and aiding relaxation, it also improves circulation in the head, enhances the senses and promotes clear thinking.
The therapeutic effects of Indian Head Massage last long after the treatment is over. The short and long-term benefits are individual, varied and cumulative and can help to:
• relieve eyestrain and headaches
• improve concentration
• relieve physical and mental fatigue
• improve joint mobility
• relieve stress and muscular tension
Indian Head Massage Works on both a physical and psychological level, the techniques used represent a de-stressing programme for the whole body. By massaging the head and shoulders, energies will become rebalanced and a general feeling of relaxation will be achieved.
Indian Head Massage helps to relieve the following conditions
• Migraine and headaches
• Stress related disorders
• Insomnia and disturbed sleep
• Temporor – Mandibular Joint tension (TMJ)
Also promotes the following
• Suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
• Increase of oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
• Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
• Increases cerebral spinal fluid circulation
• Improves muscle tone
• Calms the respiratory system, helping asthma
|Debbie’s treatment room||Block of 5 treatments|